Thứ Tư, 5 tháng 10, 2011

Computer Guy - Aspire



The Computer Guy by Aspire (c)  Copyright Aspire, 2004
aspirebare@yahoo.ca

All rights Reserved to author - Copy/duplication is prohibited

"Damn! Damn! I don't believe this." The words were said aloud as Laurie found herself looking at a blank computer screen.

What's up with this thing now? Why did the screen go blank? She knew she didn't hit a wrong key. After puzzling for a minute Laurie rebooted the computer, went back to her document and all that was there was the file name, her whole report was gone. Staring at the screen and the keyboard by turn did not elicit any answers from the machine.

Laurie went into the kitchen and made a coffee. She thought back over her last couple of moves before the blank screen came up but could not see what she had done wrong. Laurie remembered that when the screen went blank, she was reading the paragraph aloud, not touching the keyboard at all.

If she couldn't figure out what happened maybe she could figure out how to retrieve the information that had disappeared. Otherwise she would have to write out the whole report again. She picked up the phone and called her friend Beth. Beth answered, sympathized and put her husband Dave on the line.  Dave was almost certain that it was possible to get the report back up on the screen. He walked Laurie through a couple of maneuvers, but to no avail. The report remained buried in the bowels of the computer.  Since it was due on her boss’s desk Monday morning and this was Saturday afternoon, it really didn't matter where the report went, only that it reappear before nine a.m. Monday.

Laurie paced back and forth between the kitchen and the living room, sipping her cup of coffee. She had two choices here. She could spend time and money hiring someone to get this report back up on the screen or she could spend the rest of today and tomorrow rewriting it. Which would be the better move? Then Laurie remembered that some of the facts in the report were based on results of a study. That information was in a folder on her desk at the office. To redo the report, she would have to go all the way downtown to get it.

The phone rang. It was Beth calling back to say that Dave had been talking to his friend Steve and they were both sure Laurie could get her report back. The down side was that the process was a bit complicated.  Dave took the phone and started dictating instructions while Laurie wrote them down. She was soon lost in all the strange vocabulary. Truth was,
Laurie didn’t know much about computers. She knew her way around the software her company used but why and how it all worked was not something she had ever paid attention to.

“Laurie, are you still with me?” Dave asked.

“No, I lost you a couple of sentences ago. Can you back up for me?”

“Sure, where do you need me to start from?”

“How about from the beginning. I’m sorry Dave but I’m lost here. Do you understand all this stuff?”

“I can sort of follow what he’s suggesting you do but I’ve never actually done it before.”

“Look Dave, is there any chance Steve would be interested in coming over here to look at my computer? I’d be willing to pay good money to save writing this report all over again.”

Dave laughed, “I don’t think money would do it but why don’t you come over here for drinks and supper tonight. Steve will be here. You can take it from there.”

“I don’t know Dave,” she said.

“Look Laurie, I’m sure Steve can get that report back up for you. Spending an evening with friends sure beats staying up all night redoing the report. See you here about seven. Wear something sexy.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well Steve owns a computer software company. He doesn’t spend his Saturdays running around fixing up people’s computers. If you want his help you need to get him interested in you. Get it now”

“Okay Dave, I get it. See you tonight.“

Laurie headed for the shower. Then standing in her bedroom, trying not to look at the offending computer, she remembered Dave had said to wear something sexy.  Hmmmm. Finally Laurie pulled out a silk cheong- sam she’d bought in Hong Kong on her holiday. She loved the color and the feel of the real silk. It molded to her shape. Until tonight she had never worn it.  Looking in the mirror she had to smile. Well, Dave had said sexy.

Dave and another man were standing on the front steps when she arrived. She squeezed her car in beside a red MG sitting in the driveway. Walking up the steps, she said to Dave, ”Beth kicked you out already?”

Dave laughed. ”No, we’re out here stealing a few puffs before Beth catches me smoking.”

He introduced her to Steve. “So you’re the man with all the computer knowledge,” she said, shaking his hand.

“He’d better be. Steve here is my boss. He creates computer software,” said Dave.

Beth called out for drinks and the three moved inside. Steve sat in an armchair across from Laurie. He was not what most women would consider handsome but he had appeal. Laurie wasn’t sure if it was sex appeal, or something else, but it seemed to reach out like a magnet and pull her in. His dark hair was tied back in a ponytail. When he reached up to take his beer from Dave she noticed his hands were tanned, as if he spent a lot of time outside. Not the computer nerd she’d been expecting.

“So, Dave tells me you’re having a problem with your computer.”

Laurie explained about her report, how it disappeared off the screen and how it was due in on Monday morning. She tried not to sound too desperate. She wanted help but she didn’t want to make a total fool of herself. Steve listened to her story and asked a couple of questions that Laurie was able to answer.

“I think I can retrieve that file for you. The software you have on your computer has a fault in it.  Did the company contact you about downloading an update from their website to fix it?” Steve looked at her.

“Oh, that’s what that message was all about. I got an email a while ago about downloads but I didn’t understand what it meant. At the time the program was working perfectly so I forgot about it.” Laurie’s face turned pink as she began to realize that by ignoring the message she had probably created this mess herself. She must look a real fool to Steve now.

“That’s okay. I think I know how to get around it.  After retrieving your file you’ll need to install those downloads though, or this will happen again.

“The instructions I gave Dave were the right fix. Did you try it?”

Laurie looked over at Dave who just grinned and said nothing. “Well …,” Laurie took a deep breath; “to be honest I had trouble copying down the instructions correctly over the phone so I haven’t touched the computer since talking to Dave.”

“No matter. It’s pretty hard to follow anything third hand so to speak, especially to do with computers. One mistyped symbol and the whole thing is down the tubes.”

Thank god he didn’t think her a total idiot.

“Hey Steve, since you’re in the city anyway, do you think you would have time to look at Laurie’s computer?” asked Dave.

Steve looked across at Laurie. “You mean play knight in shining armor to her damsel in distress?” With a grin he continued, “Sure if it’s okay with Laurie.”

“Yes, it’s more than okay with me.”

“Well, we can’t leave a beautiful girl stressed out now can we Dave?” said Steve. ”What time tomorrow Laurie?”

“I’ll be home all day so make it whatever time is good for you. I’m really grateful for this. You’ve saved my neck.”

“Now that business is taken care of, lets eat.” said Beth.

They trooped into the dining room, and sat down.  Laurie listened to the two men talking shop and computers throughout the supper. It was obvious that the business and computers were Steve’s first and maybe only passion. He hardly ever glanced her way . Their only conversation consisted of pass this or that across the table. She kept reminding herself that she had a promise of a fix for her computer. That was what she came for. Smile and enjoy the evening.

After dessert and coffee, Laurie realized she was having trouble holding her eyes open. She followed Beth into the kitchen, thanked her for the hospitality and said her goodbyes to Dave. Much to her surprise Steve was the one who walked her out to the car.

“Sorry about the dinner conversation. Dave and I are old friends. Guess we get carried away when we get together.”

“That’s what old friends are for.” Laurie smiled at him and reached for the car door.

“Doesn’t mean I didn’t appreciate your company you know. I had hoped we could get to know each other but Dave never shuts up.”

“You’re staying here tonight?”

Steve nodded. “Okay,” she said, “why don’t you give me a call when you get up tomorrow and I’ll cook a brunch for us. We can eat; talk and then you can look at my computer. We’ll see how it goes.”

Laurie got in the car and waved as she drove off. She found herself hoping Steve didn’t sleep in too late on Sundays. She was looking forward to spending some time with him, without Dave!

The next morning, after hanging up the phone, Laurie thought she got her wish all right. She hadn’t been up this early on Sunday in years. She raced around the kitchen setting out fresh fruit, cheese and bagels.  Muffins were baking in the oven. She just started the coffee when the doorbell rang.

“Morning Steve. Did you have any trouble finding the address?”

Steve followed her into the kitchen. “No, Dave gave me the directions last night before they turned in. Good thing too. Dave and I talked until the wee hours last night. I don’t think he’ll be up any time soon.”

Laurie put the hot muffins on the table. “Well help yourself to whatever you like.” They sat in her breakfast nook.

“Wow, these muffins are great.” he said.

Laurie laughed as a bit of melted butter ran down Steve’s chin from a muffin. She dabbed it away with a napkin. “Thanks. Guess I was out to prove that I’m not a total ditz even if I can’t figure out my own computer.”

“Laurie I happen to know a lot about computers because it’s my job, my business and computers are my thing.  That doesn’t mean I expect everyone else to understand computers.” He gave her a grin and said “ I can’t make muffins and no one but me can stomach my coffee, so we’re even. Feel better?”

Laurie nodded. “Point taken. I’ll show you the computer. Hope you don’t mind but it’s in the bedroom.”

Steve followed her down the hall. “Been here less than an hour and I’m in the bedroom already. That’s a record for me.”

Steve sat down at the computer and turned it on.  When it was booted up, he checked out some settings and files. Laurie watched for a few minutes then went back to the kitchen for two coffees. When she returned, her report was on the screen. She almost spilled the coffees. Steve grabbed them and put them on the desk. “I take it this is the lost report?”

“Wow, how did you do that?”

“It was pretty easy. Your computer has a restore program built into it. When something goes wrong you can take the computer back in time to before the error happened and everything is back the way it was. I’ll show you in a minute how to do it but first I think we’d better get this report saved onto a disc.”

Laurie passed him a disc and watched him download her report.

“Now I’m going to download that update so this doesn’t happen again.” Steve pushed buttons and clicked on things. He turned around to face her in the chair. “This download is going to take nearly an hour so we’ve got time to talk, without Dave.”

Laurie sat on the corner of the bed facing Steve. She was wondering what he looked like with his hair hanging free. She had always liked long hair on guys but all the businessmen she met at the office kept their hair short. Probably too image conscious.  Steve was obviously his own man, making up his own rules to live by. I really like this guy, she thought.

“I got the idea from the conversation last night you don’t live in the city. Is that right?” asked Laurie.

“No. I live about an hour north of here, in a cabin on a small lake.”

“Surely you don’t make that commute everyday. How do you run your business?”

“No, I don’t come into the city unless I have a meeting scheduled with a client, or something serious happens at the office. I do everything I need to do from home, via computer and phone. Dave manages the office for me and he’s good at his job.”

“What about you Laurie? Have you always lived in the city?” asked Steve.

“No, I grew up in a small town. I came here to go to university and never left.”

“Do you like living in the city?” asked Steve.

“No. When I first got my job, I lived outside the city in a pretty rural area. I loved it but the drive everyday in the traffic, added hours to my day. It also meant that if I had to stay late at the office, by the time I got home, it was bedtime. I had to move closer to my job.

“You’re very lucky to have a job you like and live in a place you like too. Most people can only have one or the other.”

“So you’re a country girl at heart then. I don’t meet many country girls these days. The last couple of girls I dated thought living outside the city was bad enough, but one of them wouldn’t even come inside the cabin.”

Laurie stood up to take the empty mugs to the kitchen. She looked down at Steve’s upturned face. Why did I ever think this man wasn’t handsome she thought? A sudden beeping from the computer startled Laurie and she jumped. Steve held on to her until she regained her balance. “That was a fast hour. Just give me a minute to finish this, then I’ll show you how the restore feature works and we’re done,” said Steve.

When Laurie came back into the room Steve was standing beside the chair. ”Okay, time for your lesson. ” He patted the chair seat and Laurie sat down. Steve stood behind her and led her through the operation, step by step. Laurie found it very easy to follow his instructions. He had her do it once again by herself to make sure she had it right. They were finished.

Steve rested his hands on her shoulders. “Laurie, do you have any plans for the rest of today?”

Laurie kept her eyes focused on the computer as she answered. She didn’t want Steve to see how excited she was by his question. “No. I thought I would have to spend the day retyping that report and now that you’ve rescued me, I’m free.”

Steve swung the chair around so she was facing him. “Then how about letting me show you my place. The top is down on the MG and the sun is shining.”

“I’d love to. Why don’t I make up a picnic lunch with a bottle of wine?”

“Perfect. Let’s go.”

Laurie packed up the picnic basket, Steve carried it out to the MG and they were off.

Laurie looked around the interior of the car. “I think I’m in love with your car. It’s beautiful.”

“I’m pretty fond of her myself.”

“Have you had it long?”

“Awhile.”

“I don’t know much about cars but it looks like it’s a restored car rather than a brand new one.”

“Smart girl.” Steve grinned at her. “ She belonged to my dad. He bought her a few years ago. I think he intended to use it to relive his youth. After his stroke, the doctor took away his driving license. I was astounded when he gave me the keys. “

“Do your parents live around here?”

“Sort of. They live about forty minutes from the lake. Close but not too close, if you get what I mean.”

Laurie sat back enjoying the heat of the sun and watching the scenery. She could feel herself relaxing for the first time this weekend. There had been too much tension lately and not enough down time. Maybe I should be looking for another job Laurie mused, one that was not so stressful.

“Penny for them?” said Steve.

Laurie laughed. “Save your pennies. I was just thinking how tense my work life has become lately and wondering if I need a job change. I listened to you and Dave talking about your company last night. You were both so enthusiastic and committed. You
obviously enjoy your careers very much. I can’t say that about mine I’m afraid.”

Steve reached over and patted her knee. “You may be overreacting to the computer problem. Give it a few days. If you still feel that way, then we’ll talk again. “

“That sounds like good advice,” she said.

“There is a selfish motive behind it. I’m thinking of expanding, opening an office in the town my parents live in. If I do I’ll need someone for the same position Dave holds at the city office.“

“You can’t mean me. You’ve seen my computer knowledge. Almost zero. I think we both know that ultimately it’s my own fault I lost that report. I really can’t see myself working for a computer software company.”

“I can. You’re bright, personable and committed to doing a good job. The computer skills are the easy part. I can teach you all you need know about the software.

“But I didn’t ask you out to talk about work. We’re almost there. About ten more minutes and we turn off.” Steve took the next exit and in a few minutes he stopped the car. In front of them was a small lake. The water looked clear and blue like a swimming pool. Further down on one side of the lake she could see a log style cabin. The whole scene looked like something out of a travel book. She said as much to Steve.

“Now you know why I only go to the city when I have to. I don’t think I could ever go back to that rat race again.”

“It’s beautiful. Listen”

“What?” asked Steve.

“Nothing. That’s just it. Quiet. No traffic, no neighbors yelling next door, no TV’s blaring. You’ve found the perfect spot.“

“It’s not for everyone. I wondered if you might find
it remote and a little too rustic.”

“No. Show me everything Steve.”

He took her hand and they went on a walking tour around the lake. They sat for awhile on a fallen tree at one end, watching some ducks. Steve stood up and pulled Laurie to her feet. When he didn‘t let go of her hands, she looked at him. He bent his head and his lips found hers.

“I’ve wanted to do that since you answered the door this morning,” said Steve.

“I’ve wanted it too.” Laurie smiled. Steve kissed her again and they returned to the car arm in arm.

“Would it be terribly unromantic if I suggested lunch? I’m starving,” said Steve.

Laurie laughed and helped him get the things from the car. She set out the picnic. Steve opened the wine and they talked as the picnic lunch disappeared.

“I think it’s time you visited the cabin,” said Steve.

They gathered up the remains of lunch and stowed it in the back of the car. Steve got behind the wheel and in a couple of minutes they were in the driveway.

”I’ll give you the grand tour.” Steve helped her out of the car and unlocked the cabin door.

Laurie loved every room. It was styled like a real log cabin but had all the modern conveniences.  Steve’s office had two computers hooked up and he sat in the chair in front of one showing Laurie that it was much the same as hers.

“All this computer talk reminds me that I owe you a great deal for your help this morning,” said Laurie.  “I’ve been wondering how to repay you. I just had an idea. Would you be interested in the first payment now?”

Steve gave her a funny look but nodded.

“Put a dance CD on, and stay sitting in that chair,” commanded Laurie. Steve did as she asked.

“I had to work my way through university. I soon learned what kinds of jobs paid the best wages. For four years I was an exotic dancer. I thought you might like a sample as your first payment.”

The grin on Steve’s face told her what he didn’t seem capable of saying aloud. He would like it very much. The grin on Steve’s face told her what he didn’t seem capable of saying aloud. He would like it very much.

Laurie was wearing jean cutoffs and a tee shirt. She began swaying her hips in time to the music. Slowly she pulled her shirt off over her head. A few moves later she pulled down her zipper and slid off her shorts. She was left wearing a white bra and white high cut panties, the perfect costume for dancing.  Laurie danced her favorite routine and when she couldn’t remember a move she filled in with another.  There was no pole in the room and not a lot of floor space but Steve’s eyes never left her body. When she was finished a sheen of dampness covered her and her chest moved rapidly as she struggled to regain her breath.

“That was a few years ago. Guess I’m a bit out of shape and out of practice.“

Steve reached out and took both her hands, turning them over he placed a soft kiss on each palm. “It was perfect Laurie. The best thank you I ever received.”  He dropped her hands and pulled her close. He buried his face in her breasts.

Laurie pushed back gently saying, “I’m all sweaty.  Could I use your shower?”

“You bet, as long as I can join in.“

Steve reached around and unfastened her bra tossing it on the floor. Laurie’s fingers tugged her panties down and she stepped out of them. She stood back to watch Steve undress. His cock was very erect when he took off his briefs. Laurie’s eyes were drawn down.  It had been a long time.

Steve led the way to the shower. They both stepped inside the stall. Laurie closed the doors as the water started spraying. At first they played like children, spraying each other, turning up the cold water, soaping each other. Then Steve, his hands covered in soap reached out for Laurie’s breasts. He caressed them, flicking her nipples while she closed her eyes. His smooth, soap covered hands moved down her body tangling in the bush between her legs. While his fingers parted her lips Laurie’s hands found his cock. Now it was Steve’s turn to close his eyes. He groaned.

Watching and listening to Steve’s reaction fueled Laurie’s own desires. Her pussy was ready, clit swollen with need and juices flowing. Steve pushed her against the wall of the shower. She managed to lift and wrap one leg around him as he entered her.  His arms held her as he thrust. The water sprayed on Steve’s shoulders and bounced off on her face as she answered his thrusts with her own. Laurie gripped Steve’s arms as her pussy tried to pull him in deeper. Their climax was sudden, testimony to lust held in check all morning.

Steve shut off the water. He helped Laurie into a big terry cloth robe from the hook on the door. He wound a towel around his waist. Laurie followed him out onto the deck. They sat cuddled up on the swing, the warm sun drying them off.

After awhile Laurie sat up and looked at Steve. “Were you serious about offering me a job?”

“Yes. Why? Interested?”

“Where would I have to go to train for the computer side of it?”

“Steve gestured with his hand, “To my office.”

“Then I’m all yours.”


1 nhận xét:

  1. Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and get $$$$$$ for every visitor to your shortened links.

    Trả lờiXóa